In honor of A Thousand Thoughts‘ recent post about shopping, I’m providing a few of my favorite shopping sites, blogs & posts.
- Mighty Goods – “We look for things we really like, and then we put them here, right where you can find them.”
- Purseuing – “a blog obsessively covering purses, bags, totes, clutches, and just about anything else you can carry on your shoulder.”
- ShopGirl, a Houston Chronicle blog – with a few of my recent favorite posts:
- Dimensions hosts One Girl Who trunk show – “Dimensions on Westheimer will host a trunk show unveiling the label’s fall and holiday collections today (Aug. 12), from 10 a.m. to 6:30 p.m., and Saturday (Aug. 13), from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.”
- Finding the glass slipper – “Houston women with hard-to-fit feet flock to Brucettes, which offers sizes 3 through 14 and widths 5A to EE. But since shopping is all about options, I decided to check out Marmi, a national chain with locations in the Galleria and Highland Village. A visit to the Highland Village store was a treasure hunt and a learning experience.”
- It’s my party and I’ll shop if I want to – ” It isn’t surprising that It’s All About You, 2016 W. Alabama, doubles as an after-hours party spot. After all, owner Shauna Schroeder keeps the margarita machine running throughout the day and the boutique itself is in a pink house. What could be more festive?”
- Finally! Houston shoppers get a concept store – ” Jimmy’Z, a more mature concept from Aeropostale, has opened its doors at The Woodlands Mall. Currently one of only six stores in the country, Jimmy’Z is for the shopper who has moved beyond the cargo shorts, tank tops and T-shirts of the Aeropostale crowd.”
I will post more later.