“Twenty students from North Shore High School have tested positive for exposure to TB,” reports KTRK. This after more than 100 students were tested last week because a classmate got sick with TB before Xmas break.
Find out what Chancellor Renu Khator has in store of the University of Houston. Her goal is to turn UH into a “powerhouse.”
KHOU reports that “Two HISD principals sent warning phone messages to parents Tuesday after the alleged sexual assault of a seventh grader.” Can’t be too careful these days.
A news report highlights the fact that Texas has seen an increase of 41% in cases of chicken pox in a two-year period. This is “despite an eight-year-old requirement that children be vaccinated before they can enter kindergarten.” (as reported by KTRK)
North Forest may be looking at layoffs, reports the Houston Chronicle. “In an emergency meeting Saturday, the interim chief of the North Forest schools announced that the district needs to cut $7.3 million from its budget, a move that will likely require immediate layoffs.”
- U of H’s new leader has big ideas, by KHOU
- $7.3 million budget cut could spell layoffs; Already in hole, docked funds add to North Forest district’s woes, by the Houston Chronicle
- North Shore students test positive for TB, by KTRK
- HISD alerts parents after alleged sex assault, by KHOU
- Chicken pox cases up despite vaccine, by KTRK