Posted on the LifeHacker site:
Weâ€™re looking for another editor to fill Lifehacker with more! faster! better! posts on a daily basis. We pay actual money. If personal technology gets you all tingly inside and you want to shout your latest trick for getting things done from the virtual mountaintops, read on.
Youâ€™re the ideal candidate for the editorial position here at Lifehacker if:
- youâ€™re an unapologetic tech geek who loves showing others the wonders of new software and Web 2.0 applications (programmers turned writers or vice versa preferred)
- you enjoy writing about technical topics in conversational, plain English
- you speak in hrefâ€™s and youâ€™ve got a blog to prove it
- youâ€™re comfortable on a Mac or PC
- you love putting new software through its paces and reporting back the results
- you obsessively trawl the web for the latest and greatest releases, tips, tricks and technology news
- youâ€™re a self-startinâ€™ team player full of ideas on how to make Lifehacker an ever-more useful resource
Interested? Shoot us a plain text email to jobs at lifehacker.com. No resumes or attachments of any kind, please – instead, introduce yourself, tell us why youâ€™re perfect for Lifehacker and include your weblog URL. Dazzle us with links to posts youâ€™re particularly proud of or writing youâ€™ve done anywhere on the web.
While weâ€™ll consider applications from anywhere, New Yorkers are preferred as occasional face-to-face meetings would be nice. This position is full-time and pays accordingly. Due to the volume of submissions, we canâ€™t respond to everyone individually, but we appreciate your interest. If we like what we see, weâ€™ll get back to you shortly.