TechSoup has Eight Tools to Keep Your Team Connected.
- NPOGroups’ Discussions List
- Online Training
- Instant Messengers
- Internet Relay Chat
- Voice over IP
- Internet Chat
- Time Zone Calculator
Be productive, be an email ninja. From the wonderful world of 43Folders, this recap of tips will help you get control of what was supposed to be a productivity tool.
What’s the next action covers 6 types of email and how to deal with it.
- Email you’ve read and thereâ€™s no action associated with it and you donâ€™t need to keep it for reference. So delete it!
- Email you’ve read and there’s no action associated with it right now but perhaps on a later date. So incubate it or file it!
- Email you’ve read and decided there is an action but you are not sure what the action is. So incubate it or defer it!
- Email you’ve read and decided there is an action and you know what the action is but you haven’t come around to doing it. So put it on a Next Action list in the appropriate context!
- Email you’ve read and decided there is an action and you actually did the action. But now you are waiting on some sort of reply from someone or they need to track the outcome of that action. So put it on a “Waiting For” list!
- Email you haven’t read yet. Those are the only emails that should be in your Inbox!
ProBlogger gives us some tips on safety in “Blog Stalkers – Personal Safety for Bloggers.”
- Decide up front how much personal information you will share on your blog
- Consider your offline security
- Consider the way you are perceived online
- Have a plan of action
- Donâ€™t face it Alone