- Bill lets Mexicans living abroad vote by mail, from the Houston Chronicle. “Lawmakers overwhelmingly approved a law today allowing millions of Mexicans living abroad to vote by mail in next year’s presidential election Â— a measure that could reshape the country’s leadership race.“
- Mexico approves vote for migrants, from the Houston Chronicle.
Related news items:
- Not exactly about Mexico… but it could be. Over 2,500 Houston residents take US citizenship oath, from KHOU.
- HPD defends controversial decision to take photos of day laborers, from KTRK. “Officials with the ACLU are up in arms over the way police are handling day laborers in west Houston.“
Unrelated news items:
- Spanish Parliament legalizes gay marriage, from KTRK. “Parliament legalized gay marriage Thursday, defying conservatives and clergy who opposed making traditionally Roman Catholic Spain the third country to allow same-sex unions nationwide. Jubilant gay activists blew kisses to lawmakers after the vote.“
- Mexican Pop Star Juan Gabriel Arrested, from KPRC TV.
- Houston Chronicle links expire after a couple of days. Articles are archived after a few days. If you want to access these articles after that, you either have to be a subscriber or go to the Houston Public Library and access the database using your Library Power Card.
- CBS KHOU Channel 11 requires a registration.