Found via problogger, Quick Online Tips has 15 Common Mistakes by Google Adsense Publishers that Violate Terms of Service. Here’s the top three:
- Never click your own ads or get them clicked for whatever reason.
- Never change the Adsense code.
- Do not place more than 3 ad unit and 1 ad links or 2 search boxes on any web page.
If you’re using Google Adsense in your site to generate revenue, this is a really good “don’t” list for your files.
I wish I was this good
The Houston Chronicle’s Sara Cress writes an entertaining review of concerts at Houston’s Central Market. She does it with a combination of imagery and dry wit that has me wishing that I could write as well as she does.
I strive to do better. Today is not the day I achieve it.
News, blogs & posts of note
- Lance Armstrong is podcasting. (Found via TechBlog, from the Houston Chronicle.)
- did you know that iTunes offers podcasts? Anyway, you can now listen to Houston’s own KPFT as a podcast.
- ClickZ covers the new e-mail laws in Utah and Michigan, which have stiff penalties even for people who have double opt-in on their lists.
- The New PR/Wiki has a list of Business Podcasts. (Found via Shel Holtz.)
- Kelly Papinchak recently posted information on Becoming Accredited in Public Relations (APR) that’s worth a read if you’re in Houston.
- The Chicago Sun Times recently ran RSS really simplifies surfing the Web, providing rich site summaries, with very good recommendations on why you should get a BlogLines account today if you don’t already have one.
- The Adverblog: “Virgin Atlantic has started podcasting offering audio travel guides to its destinations. “
- WET FEET PR recommends joining a Toastmasters club.
3 thoughts on “round-up of tools and posts”
Hello there! Do you use Twitter? I’d like to follow you if that would be ok. I’m definitely enjoying your blog and look forward to new updates.
Rosina, I’m @palomacruz in Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/palomacruz