20 Rules Of Smart And Successful Web-development from Vitaly Friedman’s Notebook (read the article for details):
- Respect your visitors.
- Bad advertisement is evil.
- Inform and teach your visitors.
- Develop your own style.
- Respect the standards.
- Be clear. Use a clear markup.
- Hate Internet Explorer if you like, but donâ€™t ignore its users.
- Care about your content.
- Donâ€™t be concerned about web-crawlers and SEO optimization.
9a. Avoid wrong SEO and bad PR.
- Contact, but donâ€™t spam.
- Write, publish, feel free to ask.
- Answer your e-mails immediately.
- Use the advantages of Semantic Web. Tagging, tagging, tagging.
- Make connections.
- Think in global terms.
- Never compromise your principles.
- Stay in touch. Keep being informed about what is happening on the Net.
- Learn to handle the creativity block.
- Make Web prettier. CSS, clear, readable and intelligent design are beautiful.
- Be aware of the Power of the Web.
Found via ProBlogger.