Procrastination: Ten Things To Know
— reported by Psychology Today
- Twenty percent of people identify themselves as chronic procrastinators.
- It’s not trivial, although as a culture we don’t take it seriously as a problem.
- Procrastination is not a problem of time management or of planning.
- Procrastinators are made not born.
- Procrastination predicts higher levels of consumption of alcohol among those people who drink.
- Procrastinators tell lies to themselves.
- Procrastinators actively look for distractions, particularly ones that don’t take a lot of commitment on their part.
- There’s more than one flavor of procrastination.
- There are big costs to procrastination.
- Procrastinators can change their behaviorâ€”but doing so consumes a lot of psychic energy.
Found via LifeHacker.